Ward serves as the firm’s senior partner. In addition to serving his many accounting and tax clients, he serves as a mentor for partners and managers and carries out special projects for clients as well as for the firm. Ward obtained his Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Alberta in 1985 and his CPA designation with Deloitte in 1990. He was admitted to the KBH partnership in 1994. Ward is an outdoors-man and an active real estate investor.
Ward learned a long time ago that accounting is not so much about numbers as it is about people; an accountant needs to know his client before he can serve his client. Ward responds to 100% of telephone calls, texts and e-mails, usually within an hour and strives to add value to every client situation. Many hours of professional development every year help Ward stay on top of changes to tax laws ensuring his clients get access to the best tax planning strategies available. In addition, Ward’s experience allows him to serve as consultant for clients needing assistance with business management, growth, financing, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, succession planning, wealth planning and estate planning.
- Business consulting
- Estate and financial planning
- Personal and corporate income tax compliance and planning
- Corporate reorganizations and creative income tax strategies
- Business and farm succession planning
- Business plans and financial forecasting
- Business mergers and acquisitions
- Oil and gas service industry
- Real estate holding and development
- Investment holding companies and family trusts
- Trucking and storage
- Professional corporations and Consulting corporations